- The survey has been conducted between May- July, 2014 with the help omembers of https://www.facebook.com/H4visaacurse
- The sample size consisted of 400 current H4 visa holders presently residing in the United States.
- H4 visa problem has not been related to any certain immigrant group or a country. It includes nationals of several countries - India, Philippines. Algeria, New Zealand, Italy, Finland, UAE, UK, Sweden, Germany, Pakistan, Russia, Poland, Spain, China, Sri Lanka,Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, Indonesia.
- Many H4 visa holders hold various professional degrees and work experience - Entrepreneurs, Doctors, Engineers, Teachers, Researchers, Scientists, Designers, Artists,Media professionals, Accountants, Attorneys, Architects, Management graduates, Culinary experts.
- Problems related to H4 visa - Long wait to get a work permit, wastage of skills, no identity- SSN, financial dependence, no equal rights like other immigrant dependents, domestic violence, depression, suicidal thoughts, insecurity, no protection laws, duped by job consultants, financial problems due to the single earning member.
- H4 visa holders can be an asset to the US economy - Talent pool, reduce outsourcing, more business owners, job creation, add tax payers, more investment in real estate, automobiles, increase in living standard, self confidence, independence to the dependents, more confidence in the US constitution.
I am thankful to all the fellow H4 visa holders who have filled the survey and shared their stories. I hope the survey will provide a better insight about this issue. Special thanks to Ramya CR for helping with designing the info-graphic and coding the survey.
For detailed H4 visa holders stories- Click here
Add your story- Click here